Working For Us
Maternity Leave Cover - Teaching Assistant in Early Years
(Starting September 2023)
|Job Title:||Teaching Assistant in Early Years (Maternity Cover September 2023 until April 2024)|
|Pay Scale:||Grade 2, SCP 2-4, £20,441 - £21,189 per annum|
|Hours:||32.5 per week term time only|
|Closing Date:||12th June 2023|
|Interview Date:||19th June 2023|
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant in Early Years to provide a high quality, supportive and nurturing role within the school. You would be joining an exceptional and supportive team of professionals, who are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and our mission to make every day count for the children. Each of our individual roles has an impact on the future of our children and so, we put them at the heart of the decisions we make and the services we provide. Peafield Lane Academy is a popular primary school and children come from all over Mansfield Woodhouse and beyond to experience an exciting education that we are exceptionally proud of.
We can offer you:
- A fantastic working environment, in a team that works together for the benefit of children in our school
- Support to develop you within this role, to be the best you can be, and to help you develop for your next career step
- An opportunity to be part of a supportive, developmental partnership
- The opportunity for quality Continuous Professional Learning
- A varied job where no day is the same!
- The opportunity for flexible working and generous holiday entitlement.
- Pensions scheme with generous employer contributions.
- An organisation committed to supporting and enabling all staff
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about removing barriers to learning and believing that anything is possible
- Is interested in education and its impact on the lives of children.
- Is patient, conscientious and compassionate.
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Can work effectively with and without direction.
- Enthusiasm, energy, integrity, and professionalism.
- Is a team player.
- Has an eye for detail.
- Is willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
Your core duties will be:
- Supporting pupils in their learning in all areas of the curriculum and in respect of local and national learning strategies as directed by the teacher.
- Attending to the pupils’ personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
- Supervising and supporting pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning and play.
- Preparing classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils’ work.
For further information about Flying High Partnership, visit our website or have a look at our Recruitment Information Booklet where you can hear from our CEO, Staff, and Children from across the Partnership.
We welcome applications from both internal and external candidates. Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post-holders to share this commitment. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.